Monday, May 25, 2009

Greetings from Tokyo!

So, let me start off by saying that today has been a pretty great day! After settling in yesterday, we had an orientation this morning with the Japanese Campus Crusade for Christ where they introduced to the west campus staff that we're going to be working with and fed us a delicious lunch. They were such nice and loving people and I'm so excited to be working with them for the next 5 weeks! After lunch, we were sent on a "Taste of Tokyo" scavenger hunt where I was in a team of 3 with 2 of the teammates I'll be on campuses with. It was a great time of working together, adventuring through Tokyo, and taking ridiculous pictures. We then all got back to Koenji (where our apartments are) for dinner and then split up for a pretty amazing "date night with Jesus"!

I am so encouraged to be here right now! From all the people I have encountered today (whether Campus Crusade staff or random Japanese people we started talking to on the train), I'm starting to love this city and the people in it.

Tomorrow is going to be our first day on college campuses. I'm not really sure what to expect but I'm really excited to start talking to students and making new Japanese friends! I was a little nervous about that, but today's experience has completely changed that. Anyways, I ask for your prayers as we go tomorrow and start developing relationships and talking to students, that our hearts are aligned with God's and that we go forth with love, compassion, and wisdom, following the Lord in everything we do.

I thank you all for your support and hopefully I'll be able to post again soon!

Until next time,
Andrew

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrew - My daughter's going to be going to Tokyo next month on summer project, so I thought I would check out your blog to see what's happening over there.

    Just wanted you to know I'm praying for your team every day.
    : )
    Crusade Mom

    ReplyDelete